Brussel sprouts are a family favorite. The kids love them! I understand this is contrary to the norm. At some point my kids equated brussel sprouts to a special treat and subsequently began viewing as delicatessen. I’m thrilled, because of the obvious nutritional value and selfishly because I love brussel sprouts as well. Brussel sprouts are at our dinner table roughly twice a week. We generally eat steamed brussel sprouts, but every now and again it’s fun to change it up.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Fry up a couple strips of bacon.
- Cool bacon on paper towel. Crumble or cut into small pieces when cool.
- Drain the fat from the pan- leave a thin coating of bacon grease at the bottom of the pan
- Add brussel sprouts and stir to coat in the grease.
- Heat on medium to medium high heat covered until tender – about 12 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Top brussel sprouts with bacon pieces and enjoy!
Substitute pancetta for bacon or add garlic for an additional twist.